Bucks Diary

Monday, March 12, 2007

Bucks Diary's "20 Spins" -- Volume 1


So long as ESPN keeps up their nifty little NBA Lottery Generator, after each Bucks game I will take 20 spins and provide you with the results. These are obviously not scientific results, but thanks to ESPN weighting the generator every day, the results do provide Bucks fans with a concrete look at where we stand in the lottery game.

The results for today's spin are very encouraging. According to my random sample of outcomes, the Bucks have a 35% chance of landing one of the two top picks. Of course, my sampling also shows they have a far greater chance of ending up out of the lottery (65%). Also, I guess, technically, I should have had a 7th place represented on Bango's Big Board, but the Bucks can't be that unlucky... can they? (and I didn't get a seven in any of my spins anyway).

Footnote: Also, for good luck, I have tried to replicate -- as closely as my rudimentary art skills will allow -- the 1969 copyright version of Bango Buck (the Bango that brought us Lew Alcindor) for my "Bango's Big Board". The character drawing is based entirely upon the Bango featured on the early 70s Milwaukee Bucks pennant I just received in the mail.

1 Comments:

At March 12, 2007 at 9:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

great feature....add in who we drafted per the machine for each of the 20 spins as well.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home