Bucks Diary

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Bucks Diary makes the WoW Journal


I have received my hoopology lab credit!

If you haven't figured it out, I'm addicted to the blog "The WoW Journal", written by the head author of basketball's Moneyball book, The Wages of Wins.

Anyway, the reason I mention it today is the lead author of the blog and the book, "The Professor of Hoopology 101" DJ Berri, has apparently discovered my little Bucks blog and my fanaticism for his approach to the game and he approvingly linked to several of my writings.

I tried to explain to the GF why I was so psyched by the link. Couldn't do it. Then I came up with this analogy: Imagine if you got mentioned on TMZ.com. "Seriously?!" was her response.

And, I don't know if the two are connected, but the Professor's doing an analysis of the Bucks which will be coming on WoW Journal in the next couple of days. I'm both looking forward to it, and sort of dreading it at the same time (there's no possible way you can put a positive spin on this team).

PS -- Buy his book. Its not just about effective NBA efficiency formulas. He and his fellow authors explode many other myths across the spectrum of sports. If you like sports and analytical writing, you will love this book.

3 Comments:

At February 5, 2008 at 1:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, even though reading the numbers on the Bucks this year has become somewhat masochistic.

 
At February 5, 2008 at 4:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're also on the Knickblogger's page. I'm glad that this blog is finally getting some recognition because I have always considered it one of the best. I've read it more than any other blog the past 2 years and I'm not even a Bucks fan.

 
At February 5, 2008 at 11:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home