Bucks Diary

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

NBA Draft Preview: The Underrated Prospects


This is part 3 in my four part NBA draft preview. Today's prospects are the ones I think should be up much higher on people's Mock draft boards, but for some reason they are not.

I expect each one of these players to produce in the NBA if they are given a fair shake. The fact that the player's listed here are so lightly regarded, while nonproducers such as OJ Mayo and Anthony Randolph and Donte Green, et al, are considered top 10 picks illustrates the bizarre, illogical system of evaluation used by the NBA. I won't go into a whole discertation on it today, but suffice to say I think the whole "draft only guys with upside" philosophy ranks up there in the pantheons of managerial stupidity with "Let's Build the Edsel!" or "Let's change Coca-Cola's formula".

Anyway, this whole preview is taking too much time already, so I give you my list:

The Underrated Prospects (click on each name to get each prospect's individual assessment)

2 Comments:

At June 25, 2008 at 6:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just one quibble, the Chris Douglas-Roberts link doesn't work. Otherwise, excellent work.

 
At June 25, 2008 at 11:55 AM, Blogger Ty Will said...

Let me try to fix it. Thanks for the nice comment J Rock.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home