Bucks Diary

Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Rise of Moute and the Bucks defense


You guys, I wish I had time to comment thoroughly on last night's effort by the Bucks. In most respects outstanding. But I've got to fly to Madison, and I'm running late.

But I wanted to get this "Total Win Score" Box Score up and online for Bucks fans. I constructed it myself, painstakingly, from the "Play by Play" transcripts on ESPN.com. It is forensic quality, down to the exact positioning and statistical distributions. I vouge for every statistic. If you don't understand Win Contribution, please surf through this site for the explanation. Its pretty simple stuff. Its the equivalent of baseball's "Total Player Rating" for those of you who are into statistical analysis. Anyway, for now: Click here for my TWS boxscore from last night's game.

What the boxscore says basically is that the Bucks are starting to "D" up. (With the exception of Richard Jefferson, whose been horrible this preseason.) Golden State is no cupcake. I realize its a preseason game, but the journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step, as they say.

The story of this preseason by far is the rise of Luc Moute. He played the "2" last night and absolutely locked down everyone he saw! This guy is the stuff championships are made of. If you think that's just hyperbole, go into the post from The Wages of Wins Journal yesterday and click on "The Wisdom of Red Auerbach" and you will understand why I'm so excited to have such a versatile down and dirty player on the Bucks like Prince Moute.

I really gotta go. More later!!

3 Comments:

At October 16, 2008 at 12:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didn't Azubuike play the "2" for Golden State? Seems like he did pretty good.

By playing the Prince at the "2," was Scott Skiles sending any kind of message to Redd?

 
At October 16, 2008 at 2:06 PM, Blogger LA Ball Talk said...

Please take a look at the "Top Team Blog Contest" on LABalltalk.com

I would like you to enter the contest as I believe you host a great Bucks Blog!

E-mail me at LABallTalk@gmail.com in order to enter.

Thank you,

Daniel
LABallTalk.com

 
At October 16, 2008 at 8:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second LA Ball's motion ... and enjoy reading your blog. I actually think NBA GMs could learn a few things from your analysis! Often, you clarify in very tangible terms, the intanglibles a fan sees on the court but can't define (i.e. Luc's "D", Yi's shortcomings even though he scores 17 points, etc., etc.).

Thanks for the unique and interesting reading!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home