Bucks Diary

Sunday, November 02, 2008

Holy Moute... big road win for the Bucks!


Did you ever get unexpected good news that turns your whole day around? I just did. I was so preoccupied by negative issues (the Packers should have won, why did the Bucks draft Alexander, the Bucks should have won last night, why did the Bucks draft Alexander, etc.)... that I completely forgot the Bucks had a frickin' game today!! And, better still... they won!!

And what a win! I don't care who they were playing (the Knicks), the circumstances make it a very impressive win!

The Bucks were coming off a hard fought home opener against a tough Toronto team... which had to be draining... then turn around and take a night flight to New York... which probably meant they got no sleep... and then they go out, roll up their sleeves, and grind out a win. Now that's Bucks basketball, y'all.

I'm just browsing the boxscore as I type, but here are my first impressions:

1. Is Luc Moute for real?? This is just preliminary, but I've got his Offensive Win Contribution pegged at around +1.414. That is huge... and defense is his strong suit.

2. The Bucks have been getting nothing from Michael Redd (and appear to have gotten nothing again tonight) and yet they've won two road games in a very dense early schedule of games. That's what defense can do, and that's yet another great sign.

3. Ramon Sessions bounced back. He had a big offensive game. That's what I was expecting from him before training camp started. That's great too because he was (I think) milliseconds away from signing a longterm lease in Skiles doghouse. His big game against the Knicks (again, preliminarily speaking) has to give him new life in Skiles book... and we need him to be good long term, so that's big.

Let me continue to scope the numbers, and I'll let you know what I think. And I'd love to hear what you think... am I overreacting (which I tend to do)?? I just think this is a tremendous sign.

Correction: I need to stop commenting off the cuff. In fact, Redd had an ENORMOUS game, and he got hurt as well. So comment 2 should never have been made.

4 Comments:

At November 2, 2008 at 9:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Fresh Price of Milwaukee = GOD

That was a nice win today, Everyone on our starting line-up put up great numbers and rebounded well.

Oh and incase you didn't know, Redd got hurt, thats why he didn't put up 20+ points.

 
At November 2, 2008 at 11:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The last three games make me think of your analogy of putting on socket covers.

For the first time in a long time, the Bucks actually have a F****** plan.

 
At November 3, 2008 at 12:46 AM, Blogger Ty Will said...

Blake, you're right on point one, you're right on point two, and I should have figured that out about Redd.

I gotta learn to stop commenting before I do a decent analysis. Redd actually had an enormous game on offense, and a very good game on defense.

 
At November 3, 2008 at 12:50 AM, Blogger Ty Will said...

Seattle Bucks,

Offense comes and goes... DEFENSE is forever!! I love it!!

That's why I don't think its an overreaction to call the game a huge win. It looks like one of those "sea change" games.

What I mean is, the Bucks of the last couple of seasons would have cadillaced the game... big time. I guarantee it. They would have seen their circumstances as a valid excuse to take the game off.

It looks like that's not acceptable anymore. And that is awesome.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home