The Hidden Game of Basketball: TWC boxscore from Bucks v Warriors
Last year I went to a Minnesota Timberwolves game and walked away thinking Sebastian Telfair was a sweet point guard. In fact he was one of the costliest players in the Association.
Last night I went to bed thinking Michael Redd's godawful collection of scoop shots were what killed the Milwaukee Bucks. In fact... and I kind of knew this... it was Andrew Bogut's unwillingness to make any attempt to box out Andres Biedrens -- or to defend him properly -- that really cost the Bucks.
Redd actually had the best game of any Milwaukee Buck last night. He and Richard Jefferson were the only two players who made a positive difference. The rest of the team was in the red.
There is no other sport where the winning ingredients are so difficult to discern as basketball... at least in my opinion. And yet, ironically, there is a book titled The Hidden Game of Baseball and a book titled The Hidden Game of Football, but no book titled "The Hidden Game of Basketball". Go figure.
1. Redd was slightly aided, though, by playing against one of the least efficient players in the Association -- former New York Knickerbocker Jamal Crawford.
2. Does anyone else notice that Joe Alexander looks and moves like a younger Austin Croshere and Austin Croshere now looks and moves like a vintage Randy Breuer? I just noticed that last night.
3. Luc Moute is continuing to fade. He is still a solid defender, but he has to find some semblance of an offensive game. Just some move or some shot he can rely on.
4. Sessions has been up and down as well... I guess that's the perils of playing younger players.
5. Charlie V once again had a big night rebounding the basketball, but a terrible night with his offensive efficiency. He turned it over too much and he shot just 27% from the floor.
6. Why does the Bucks television network include blocked shots on their "Hustle Board"? Speaking from my own experience, most of the time when I'm blocking shots its because I'm playing lazy man defense, not because I'm hustling...