Bucks Diary

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Bucks claim they're "Ready to Rise" in 2008-09


Yesterday I was near and around the Bradley Center, so I stopped in to grab a handful of Milwaukee Bucks 2008-09 pocket schedules. Its kind of antiquated, I know, but I like having them for reference.

Anyway, a couple things jumped out at me. First, I noticed on the front of the schedule that this year's marketing slogan is....drumroll, please... "Ready to Rise". I'm not sure the legal department vetted that one. After all, the state of Wisconsin has specific laws prohibiting "false or misleading" commercial advertisements. "Ready to Rise" is maybe skirting the line a bit. Then again, these Bucks should be better than last year's putrid Green and Red edition, so I guess its all a matter of degree. (Plus, its not their lamest slogan... that would be this one).

Second, I noticed inside the schedule the Bucks face a brutally road tilted pre-Christmas schedule. In the first two months of the season, the team plays 20 games on the road and only 13 games in the friendly confines of the Bradley Center. That will make for a tough adjustment period for "Scotty Ball".

Finally, I noticed on the back of the schedule the Bucks are having a "Buy One Get One" sale on some of their season ticket packages. Yikes. That smacks of desperation. It reminds me of that scene in The Sopranos when Tony tells Artie Bucco he can save his struggling restaurant is by offering "two for one" coupons. Which prompted Artie's sarcastic reply (and best moment in the series):

" Two-fers. Wow. You mean like you get a free spaghetti and meatballs if you bring another cheap comare douchebag in here? How ‘bout an early bird special? Salad wagon? This is a fine dining establishment. I'll give it back to the bank before I turn into a fucking IHOP!"

Classic.

1 Comments:

At January 25, 2010 at 7:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

realplayer friedman dbfk behaved subset csmanvendra calibrib losses expansion leontiou humanities
servimundos melifermuly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home