Bucks Diary

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

What's with the stupid looking logo?


Why, thank you for asking. Since many more people appear to have discovered this blog, I decided I better get in line with US Copyright and Trademark laws. As such, I couldn't continue to use either of the Bango renderings as my logo and I needed to alter the name a bit.

With the logo, though, I had a dilemma. I wanted to at least conjure a familiarity with the Bucks logos people have grown up with and become accustomed to, but I needed to alter those logos enough to comply with the law. The solution I came up with was to cross "Steroids Bango" and "Cartoon Bango". Imagine, in other words, if the two Bucks logos had an ugly kid, and you have the new Mke Bucks Diary logo (pictured to the right). I can't decide if my Bango is ingenious or utterly stupid, but I'm sticking with it because it is an original piece of artwork that puts clear blue water between this blog and the copyrights held by your Milwaukee Bucks.

You will also notice I have tweaked the official name of the blog. This is to avoid any noncompliance with trademark law. The blog shall now be called "Mke Bucks Diary". As those of you who are frequently fliers will know, "Mke" is the designated airport code for "Milwaukee". So essentially it still reads Milwaukee Bucks Diary without actually reading Milwaukee Bucks Diary.

Why so anal? Well, first of all, I noticed there are almost no other blogs that incorporate the entire team name into their official blog name. And probably for good reason. It is conceivable that someone stumbling upon this blog and seeing the name "Milwaukee Bucks Diary" could believe it was associated with the team, which it is not in anyway. On the other hand, I can't just call it "Bucks Diary", because that's too generic and doesn't really distinguish the blog's subject matter for unfamiliar internet surfers. I think using the airport code name for Milwaukee is the satisfactory way to let people know what this blog is all about without misleading them in any way.

So, that's how I got the new logo and new name. For what its worth.

4 Comments:

At July 4, 2006 at 1:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

who would be the best player we would recieve for underachieving jamaal magloire????

 
At July 4, 2006 at 9:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Probably a third string guard and some 2nd round draft pick for the 2011 season...

 
At July 5, 2006 at 4:12 PM, Blogger Ty Will said...

I think he has what I called "perceived value" like T.J. Ford. In other words, people think he is good even though his statistics say otherwise. If Harris can finesse this market anomaly in the same way he did with Ford, he will be the Billy Beane of NBA GMs.

 
At March 7, 2017 at 9:47 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

jordans for cheap
cheap basketball shoes
jordan shoes
nike air max thea
lacoste online shop
nike air max
nike air huarache
adidas nmd
nike zoom
cheap jordans

 

Post a Comment

<< Home