Bucks Diary

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Whither Gadzuric?


Did you catch GM Larry Harris' comments to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel yesterday? He said the Bucks need to add depth at the 1, 3, and 5 positions. If I was reserve center Dan Gadzuric reading those comments while eating breakfast I think my reaction might have been.."uhhh, I play the 5".

I have laid out my position on Gadzuric in the past. In a nutshell: I realize he's not a superstar, that he couldn't throw a jumper in the ocean from the pier, that the only shot he executes well is the dunkshot, and that he is highly dependent on his teammates to produce points (87% of his baskets are assisted).

But in this NBA he is a big man who produces numbers, and that makes him a more than serviceable center. Plus he is energetic and pretty athletic. In fact, he runs the floor exceptionally well for a 5. He is about the only one on the roster who blocks shots (though his defense on the ball pretty weak), and he's a more than adequate rebounder.

Yet despite all that, his minutes were sharply curtailed from 44% in 2004-05 to 17% last season. Then he was completely forgotten in the postseason, and now it seems he doesn't fit Harris' plans for the future. What's really puzzling is that all this happened to Gadzuric after the Bucks signed him to a fairly lucrative six year contract.

If the Bucks are going to let him waste on the vine, I wish they would at least say why. Why is he suddenly of no use to the Bucks, and if he is of no use why did they pay him 6 million dollars to ride pine?

6 Comments:

At July 27, 2006 at 7:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Blog for a displaced Buck fan! I agree wholeheartedly that Dan Gadzuric is under utilized by the Bucks. The whole series against Detroit I just screamed to get him in the game to provide some sort of energy boost. We all have watched him enter a game and put down ten quick points in like four minutes. Sure, mostly on quick passes to him while he drives the lane past slower centers but, HE DRIVES THE LANE! That's something that any team can get behind.

 
At July 27, 2006 at 11:04 PM, Blogger Ty Will said...

Glad you enjoy the blog. You're not displaced. Remember, Bucks Nation is not a place but a state of mind. (Where the hell did I come up with that?)

Anyway, Gadzuric... I just don't understand it. Does he have compromising pictures of someone's wife? If he dogged it or was leftlegged I could see never playing him. But he adds value.

My unproven, unscientific theory: its his body language. He doesn't project confidence, and in turn the Bucks brass has none in him. He reminds me of the tall, gangly kid every high school team has on its bench. The kid who plays really hard and does his best and runs as fast as he can and can get some things done but never acts as though he really understands whats going on when he plays.

Or maybe he has compromising photos of someone's wife.

Take it easy.

 
At July 28, 2006 at 5:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My friends out here, that I have turned into Bucks fans, call him "Gadzooks" because he always looks as if you just startled the hell out of him.

 
At August 4, 2006 at 1:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

 
At August 10, 2006 at 1:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

 
At August 15, 2006 at 10:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home