Bucks Diary

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Get your free Bucks shirts, Antlerheads


I was perusing the Milwaukee Bucks official website the other night when an offer caught my eye. If you signed up for their email newsletter “Bucks Fastbreak”, you could print off an online voucher and redeem it at the Bradley Center for a free t-shirt featuring the new logo.

I thought for certain this was an attempt at a gentle bait and switch to get people into the Bradley Center to hear the Bucks sales staff’s season ticket pitch. Nevertheless, I am not one to pass on what looks like a gift, so I stopped by the Bradley Center late this afternoon.

Well, I was wrong. The offer is completely on the up-and-up. There is no catch to it whatsoever.

I merely walked into the Bradley Center, signed in at the security desk, received a little guest pass, chit-chatted for a second with the nice man who works the desk, who then pointed me in the direction of the Bucks corporate office. Once inside, a friendly woman at the front desk asked me if I had indeed registered for the newsletter, I assured her I had, she then proceeded to the back of the office to get my shirt while I proceeded to stuff my pockets with the 2006-07 pocket schedules on her desk, she then returned with the shirt, handed it to me, thanked me, and I was on my way. End of story. It’s a nice t-shirt, too, even if you are not wild about the new logo.

The moral of the story is the Bucks offer is legitimate, and provided it is not much of a hassle for you to get to the Bradley Center, you ought to take them up on it. Especially since, judging by the few names on the security register when I checked in, it doesn’t seem as though many people have.

Until next time, Antlerheads, in the words of Avon Barksdale “Take it light, but take it.”

1 Comments:

At September 18, 2006 at 7:08 PM, Blogger Cheesehead Craig said...

Cool. Let's see a pic of the shirt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home