Bucks Diary

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Weekly Buck Droppings Volume IV


Michael Redd’s cool new Bucks commercial

I was watching The Simpsons the other night when I got my first look at the new Bucks 2006-07 commercial. It features Michael Redd shooting threes from such long distance he needs a walkie-talkie to learn whether he caught the net. Pretty clever. Reminiscent of the old Larry Bird-Michael Jordan “H-O-R-S-E” commercial.

Redd is sporting a new Bucks practice jersey with a Pat Ewing style t-shirt underneath that features the new Bucks red. I think it is an extremely cool look. Antlerheads, its sooooo much cooler than the purple. The Bucks are just going to look better this year.

Is this why they switched to red?

I just assumed they switched to red because it looks better than that god awful Lakers purple. Perhaps there was more to it. According to two primate researchers, in an athletic contest between two evenly matched teams, the team wearing red will win more often. I shit you not! The theory behind this is that the color red signifies increased testosterone. Antlerheads, I cannot make this stuff up.

Ruben the dirty?

Ruben Patterson received a dishonorable mention from Charley Rosen in his article identifying the dirtiest basketball players of all-time. Rosen says Patterson, "sometimes crosses the line." I say ‘Great’. This Bucks team needs a little toughness, and if you ain’t cheatin’ you ain’t tryin’.

Ilyasova draws interest

We may have something in the Young Turk, F Ersan Ilyasova. According to Gary Woelfel, the best (but sometimes weirdly misguided) Bucks beat writer on the job, the Toronto Raptors wanted Ilyasova thrown in as part of the TJ Ford trade. Interesting that they would ask for him, given that the reason they were trading Charlie Villanueva was the glut of front court players on their roster. Given this type respect, and the skills he showed in the World Championships this summer, I can’t wait to see what this guy brings to the table.

Reviving a lost logo

If you read my last post, you saw my latest attempt at an alternate blog logo. It’s based on the forgotten “Buck Head” logo that the team wore on its uniforms and warm-ups from their inception through the Jabbar era, including the glorious 1971 campaign. Many people don’t remember this logo because it was never part of any commercial items or collectible souvenirs, but it is nonetheless a part of the Bucks legacy.

1 Comments:

At January 27, 2007 at 10:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW...!!! LOOK OUT... Hi my friends! I'm writing to you because I just came across a business that I think has great potential. It lets you save money on almost everything. Make money from almost everything, Including home loans- plus... help lower your taxes--best of all--it requires absolutely no investment. I thought you might be interested and like to check it out...

Here I have a earn residual income site/blog. It successfully covers earn residual income related stuff and almost everything else!

Come and check it out if you get time, Scott.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home