Bucks Diary

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Weekly Bucks Post Volume II


This is the second of my weekly Bucks postings. They go up every Sunday night/Monday morning. Remember, I will resume daily posting on October 1st. Oh, and I may be moving to SBnation. Before I can, however, I have to come up with a new blog name that doesn't include the word "Bucks", but at the same time strongly invokes the Bucks. I'm stymied. I've been wrestling with it for a month and come up with nada. Suggestions are greatly appreciated (legitimate suggestions, Antlerheads).

Am I fooling myself about Bogut? Maybe

I try to be as logical and tightly reasoned as possible when I put forward arguments on this blog. But I will always have one argumentative flaw. No matter how I try, I can never truly be wholly objective. My heart belongs to the Bucks.

Thus I will sometimes bend analogies, strain credulity, and stretch logic to arrive at an optimistic result (from a Bucks fans’ perspective). A prominent example of this is my analysis of Andrew Bogut. If you read this blog on a consistent basis, you may get the idea that I am trying my damndest to convince myself that Andrew Bogut is a high quality player, when there are just as many markers indicating he may be nothing but an average player. And truthfully, I am. Why do I do it? Probably because I can’t face the possibility that the Bucks have had 4 number one picks in their history and gotten only one true difference maker in return.

If the Bucks leave

I had a sobering thought the other day. If the Bucks leave, what am I going to do? As an NBA fan, I will be virtually stranded on a deserted island.

When the Brewers were on the verge of moving I was at least able to console myself with the notion that I had other baseball options. At the time the White Sox were begging for fans. Their tickets were plentiful and pretty reasonably priced. I had them to fall back on.

But if the Bucks leave, I got nothing. The Bulls? I can’t see it. Besides, Bulls tickets are hard enough to come by right now. The Twolves? That’s a six-hour drive, and a wildly overpriced ticket when I get there. No thanks. College basketball? Please……..

Remember the Middle Parquet?

The strange things I remember about my first Bucks game. Entering the “train-station” veranda at the old Milwaukee Arena. Seeing the big Bango logo on the wall to my left as I made my way to the arena turnstile. Hearing that great, hypnotic percussion of the bouncing basketballs during warm-ups.

And the location of my seats. For my first Bucks game, vs. the Portland Trailblazers, we sat in the “middle parquet”. I will never forget that. What a cool designation. To a kid it sounded so important and just reeked of “basketball”.

Nowadays your seat location is based purely on numbers. 227 or 410 or whatever. What are we, accountants? How boring. If the Bucks do get a new arena, I demand a middle parquet!

8 Comments:

At September 4, 2006 at 2:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please refer to my last post on Bogut and keep the faith.

 
At September 4, 2006 at 2:39 PM, Blogger Ty Will said...

Will do, Portland. Thanks for sticking with this site.

 
At September 4, 2006 at 2:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too early to be real worried about Bogut....give it another year or two.

I think he could develop into a Pau Gasol, which is actually pretty good.

 
At September 7, 2006 at 5:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FYI. Moving back to Milwaukee after ten years in Portland. Can't wait to see ya at the Bradley Center!!

 
At September 8, 2006 at 8:20 AM, Blogger Ty Will said...

Gregg: That's what I say. While using the full "Milwaukee Bucks" in the title certainly raises issues, its really not any sort of trademark violation to simply use "Bucks". And, if anything, I'm promoting Bucks basketball. What do they care about my shitty little blog. But, I can understand some trepidation, I guess.

Portland Buck: You rule.

Pressey: You rule. Of course, even if you lost you're ability to fashion cogent Bucks analysis, I would still say that. My buds and I used to IDOLIZE Pressey. He could get to the rack on anyone.

 
At August 4, 2018 at 9:40 PM, Blogger 5689 said...

zzzzz2018.8.5
true religion outlet store
pandora
tods shoes
pandora jewelry outlet
coach outlet online
ugg boots
air max 90
oakley sunglasses
canada goose outlet
ugg boots

 
At August 24, 2018 at 9:07 AM, Anonymous Cara Mengatasi Penyakit Kuning Yang Tak Kunjung Sembuh said...


Terima kasih artikelnya sangat membantu sekali mudah-mudahan artikel ini bermanfaat bagi semua.

 
At June 12, 2021 at 11:10 AM, Blogger yanmaneee said...

curry 7 shoes
jordan 13
pg 1
hermes birkin bag
kd 13
supreme shirt
yeezy 350
kd13
kyrie 7
off white

 

Post a Comment

<< Home