Bucks Diary

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Maynard G. Bogut and the innocent Pacers


This summer Andrew Bogut was sporting a little patch of beard right below his chin. I guess I never realized it until I looked at an ad for Bucks tickets in yesterday's Mke Journal Sentinel. My question is, does he realize it makes him look just like Maynard G. Krebs -- the original mainstream bohemian? Its exact (the picture posted doesn't do the comparison justice). Maybe reruns of that Dobie show are popular down under. But I don't know that I'd go for that look, what with there always being a little marijuana mysteriously present in every NBA player's vehicle.

Speaking of the outlaw Pacers. The thing that jumped out at me in that whole unfortunate and I'M CERTAIN TOTALLY UNPROVOKED incident is this-- all of the Pacers present were strapped! Is this SOP for NBA players? I hope not. I mean, to go to a booby bar they felt the need to carry? Apparently all of the heat was licensed, but, still, is that good practice? Doesn't that embolden them and encourage confrontation?

Finally, how can so many guys smoke J's on a regular basis and still effectively hoop? I guess Paul Hornung smoked ciggies in the locker room at halftime, so it can be done.

3 Comments:

At October 9, 2006 at 2:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bogut out 6-8 weeks with a sprain from Steve Blake, it's on the Bucks site and nowhere else yet.

 
At October 9, 2006 at 9:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thats gonna hurt, if i know any math that puts him out for a good chunk of the beginning of the season.

 
At October 15, 2006 at 5:41 AM, Blogger Ty Will said...

Awesome. I'm giving up on the Bucks and becoming a secret shopper! That's $900 more than I make on this stupid site. Thanks for the annoying spam message!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home