Bucks Diary

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Bucks Diary's 20 Spins: Volume IV


Since the "unforeseen circumstances" I assumed away when I suspended "Bucks Diary's 20 Spins" have actually occured (Bogut and Villanueva are both done for the year), I am resuming the game, at least until the Bucks rise above the 5th worst record in the NBA (they are currently at no. 4).

For those unfamiliar with the game, I take 20 spins on the ESPN Lottery Generator and post the results on Bango's Big Board. Today's most frequent result was the 3rd spot (35%). But, once again, that 5th spot looms large (30%). Unfortunately, only 10% of my spins landed in either the 1st spot or the 2nd spot, ie the money picks.

3 Comments:

At March 24, 2007 at 2:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad this is back. I had much better luck on my spins. I was coming up #1 and #2 quite frequently. There is a huge difference in what you come up with if the computer program has the Bucks in the "third" slot rather than fourth or fifth. Those extra few lotto balls make a big difference.

 
At March 24, 2007 at 7:55 PM, Blogger Ty Will said...

Thanks. You're right about the importance of moving up. Ever since they went down to 4, my 1 and 2 results have really dipped. But let's say they don't get 1 or 2. Chad Ford insists they'll draft this kid from Kansas. I don't know if I like that idea.

I try not to watch much college ball, but I'm watching Kansas right now, and he doesn't look like much. He's had no impact on this game. And apparently he only had 7 in the Sweet Sixteen game. I think Al Horford looks like a better prospect. The Bucks could use his shotblocking and rebounding.

 
At March 24, 2007 at 10:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You need to come over to realgm where we talk about this all day long. Most on that board now have the rankings as Oden, Durant, Al Horford and then spot four is where everyone diverges. Some want Julian Wright who looked very average today but great in games a week or two ago. Or Brandan Wright of NC who also is inconsistent.

Bottom line is that we really need a top three pick. And I did try the lotto generator today and came up with your results. Apparently Charlotte's loss last night but us .002 percentage points behind them, so we slipped back into the fourth spot today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home