Bucks Diary

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Oh hey, we're movin on down


Somewhere in Florida, the Mequon Diesel is smiling. Why? The Bucks couldn't beat UWGB with their current available roster. And I'm almost being serious. Which means they are once again poised to make a run down the lottery list. Last night they moved down a notch to sole possession of the third worst record in the Association.

Bad is Good for the Bucks

Last week I was a little glum because I thought the Bucks couldn't possibly lose even a bare majority of their remaining games. It turns out I once again overestimated those wacky Bucks and their inability to stay out of the trainer's office. In one week's time, they've rallied and are headed back in the right direction -- south with a bullet!

And the losing seems like its here to stay. The roster they had last night featured ONE player (I'm not counting Jared Reiner as a "player") who could be called a "big man", and that was journeyman Brian Skinner. Everyone else was either a guard or wingman (Terry Stotts' dream line-up!!). That roster is brilliantly positioned to lose.

On the bad side, its becoming increasingly more painful to watch the Bucks Television Network. Last night, I had to hide the remote from myself just to keep from switching channels.

20 Spins Volume 6


Here we go with 20 Spins, Volume 6. The Bucks are now semi-locked into the third worst spot, and it helped the spin results. I got 30% in the Durant/Oden zone, much better results than I was getting when the Bucks were in the fourth worst spot. Once again, however, I have to add this caveat: Look at the number of bad results I got (ie results lower than the Bucks rightful spot). It was a whopping 60%! And that lughead Jeff Van Gundy wants to open the lottery to every team.

Pirahna conspiracy theory

With the Bucks so undermanned, I wonder why the Pirahna, aka Ruben Patterson, only got 12 minutes of PT? He's not in my Eff48 Boxscore, because I cut off at around 20 minutes of PT, but if he would have been, he would have had by far the best numbers on the team. Maybe they're grooming Ilyasova as next year's backup small forward.

Bucks Diary Eff48 Boxscore

87
Skinner........................................21.51
Redd...........................................19.69
Boykins........................................17.56
Bell.............................................16.80
Ilyasova........................................16.69

106
McGrady
..........................................32.91
Head..............................................31.05
Howard...........................................27.69
Battier............................................25.84
Alston.............................................21.94
Ming...............................................16.69

2 Comments:

At March 27, 2007 at 12:31 PM, Blogger Cheesehead Craig said...

You know, if Roy Hibbert comes out, that's not a bad consolation prize. He's been as big of a beast as Oden has this tourney. If Hibbert has a good showing this weekend and outplays Oden, then the draft class becomes the big 3.

 
At March 27, 2007 at 5:43 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Ty,

I tried to locate some contact info on your site but couldn't find any, so I'm trying to get in touch with you this way. My name is Colin Sibley, and I work for Protrade.com, a free online fantasy sports stock market. We're looking to expand our content offerings for each NBA team and after searching the web for good Milwaukee blogs & fan pages, we'd be very interested in featuring your site as the "Protrade Pick" for our Bucks & Michael Redd pages. Let me know if you might have some interest in linking up with us and I'll send you some more details.

Thanks,
Colin Sibley csibley@protrade.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home