Bucks Diary

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Top 10 Bradley Center "Do's and Dont's"


In gratitude to Frank for his mathematical work, I have fulfilled his request for a post of my "Top 10 Bradley Center Do's and Dont's". I did this in about 10 minutes off the top of my head, so by all means, if other readers have any do's and/or dont's to add, or if they disagree with mine, please comment. Anyway, here's what I came up with:

1. DO: Sit in the Lower Level. It costs a fortune, and the real fans are up in the Upper Level, but if you only go to a few games a year, its worth it. The lowest Upper Level seats are pretty good, but I personally think that if you go any higher you’re better off watching the game at home, because it seems like you’re miles from the court (forgive me, Bucks sales staff).

2. DO NOT: Order the soft pretzels. They serve them cold, and they are as tough as shoe leather. I kid you not, I had my last one last year, and it tasted like 8 week old bread from Erberts and Gerberts. On the other hand…

3. DO: Visit the Klement’s Grill. It’s a little stand in the concourse by one of those Dippin’ Dots. Its not one of the regular concession stands. They have the best value for the money, and the brats there are outstanding.

4. DO NOT: Park up the hill west of the BC if you have a nice ride. Now, its perfectly safe around the BC in my opinion, so I don’t want to be a fear mongerer, but, if the exorbitant prices charged by the lots around the BC tempt you into parking for free up the hill, think twice. I do it all the time, but talking to fans on the way in, I have heard several anecdotes about cars being broken into during the game. On the other hand…

5. DO: Look for a free parking spot behind the BC. Next to that metal shop, near where the players' park, I have found some sweet spots. And they are in well trafficked, well lit areas.

6. DO NOT: Deal with the Kilbourne scalpers unless you have knowledge of the BC and are a good negotiator. I love those guys, but they are savvy and smart, and if they see a “mark” they will move in for the kill (bourne). Remember, Upper Level seats are numbered “400” and Lower Level seats are numbered “200” (the old switcheroo is one of their classic cons).

7. DO: Eat at the legendary “Major Goolsby’s” before the game. I ate there for the first time in the 80s when my old man took me to a game at the old Arena (right across the street), and I try to stop in there every time I go to a Bucks game. Its right down the street from the BC, the atmosphere is great, and its Bucks all the way (sometimes the waitresses will wear “71 World Champs” shirts).

8. DO NOT: Boo unless you sense lack of effort. That’s just a personal preference, but I hate when fans boo former Bucks who were traded or boo just because the other team is better and is kicking the Bucks around. Now if they’re out there half-assing, let them have it… with the price of tickets, you deserve a maximum effort.

9. DO: Visit the Bradley Center Souvenier Store. Its on the second level, right after you get off the Atrium escalator. I’ve gotten some cool Bucks stuff there. If you love Old School Bango like I do, or anything Old School Bucks, it’s the best shop in America. Also, as I mentioned in a previous post, over Xmas I got my nephew Charlie a home jersey Bango there.

10. DO: Check out the displays in the Atrium. The atrium is cool to begin with, and they have some must see display cases there if you’re interested in Bucks history. (Those Bucks jersey display pictures I post from time to time are from the atrium – not my closet).

Correction: Pressey has corrected me on my sense of direction. I originally said you shouldn't park east of the BC. East of the BC is obviously the Marquette Interchange. I meant west of the BC, which is where the hill resides. Also, he mentioned the band that plays cover music in the Atrium before each game. That definitely merits a listen on your way into the BC. (At the last game I went to the band they had played a killer version of "American Girl". My girlfriend immediately downloaded the original Tom Petty version of the song when we got home).

19 Comments:

At April 3, 2007 at 7:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice list, I agree with the booing too.

Also if you feel confident in trying to buy from the scalpers and need more than one, double-check that the seats are next to each other unless you're begrudgingly going with someone you don't like.

 
At April 3, 2007 at 10:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didn't you mean don't park up the hill to the west of the BC rather than east? I thought that was where the problems were...up towards the old Pabst Brewery site.

Also, do check out the band playing in the East atrium of the BC about 30-45 minutes before gametime....sometimes they have some good rock acts playing there....it's cover bands mainly, but some are excellent.

 
At April 3, 2007 at 10:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I think the bad area to park is behind the nursing building? of MATC in that cul-de-sac.

 
At April 4, 2007 at 8:19 AM, Blogger Ty Will said...

You're right, Pressey. With both your points. I almost mentioned the band, they are pretty cool.

I have no sense of direction, originally, I said north, so I was wrong twice.

I will change it right now.

 
At April 4, 2007 at 12:02 PM, Blogger buckhead said...

Thanks, Ty.(I'm printing a paper copy of it now for future usage:-)

 
At March 18, 2010 at 12:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Howdy,

I keep coming to this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]Plenty of useful information on bucksdiary.blogspot.com. Do you pay attention towards your health?. Are you really serious about your weight?. Recent Scientific Research presents that closely 80% of all United States adults are either obese or overweight[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] So if you're one of these individuals, you're not alone. In fact, most of us need to lose a few pounds once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now the question is how you are planning to have quick weight loss? [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss[/url] is not like piece of cake. Some improvement in of daily activity can help us in losing weight quickly.

About me: I am writer of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health trainer who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under difficult training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for quick weight loss.

 
At April 9, 2010 at 6:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,

Do you guys watch movies in theater or on internet? I use to rent DVD movies from [b]Bigflix.com[/b]. Recently I discovered that we can watch all new movies on internet on day, they are released. So why should I spend money on renting movies??? So, can you guys please tell me where I can [url=http://www.watchhotmoviesfree.com]watch latest movie Piranha 3D 2010[/url] for free?? I have searched [url=http://www.watchhotmoviesfree.com]Youtube.com[/url], [url=http://www.watchhotmoviesfree.com]Dailymotion.com[/url], [url=http://www.watchhotmoviesfree.com]Megavideo.com[/url] but, Could not find a good working link. If you know any working link please share it with me.


Thanks

 
At September 8, 2010 at 10:19 PM, Anonymous eco travel agency costa rica said...

Hi buddy, firstly I would like to send greetings to all readers then I think that this information is amazing and very entertainment information, I was looking information about Top 10 Bradley Center "Do's and Dont's", and this information is very professional and I would like to have any update about, thanks for sharing!!

 
At November 5, 2010 at 10:59 AM, Anonymous Green Parks said...

Hello.. Firstly I would like to send greetings to all readers. After this, I recognize the content so interesting about this article. For me personally I liked all the information. I would like to know of cases like this more often. In my personal experience I might mention a book called Green Parks Costa Rica in this book that I mentioned have very interesting topics, and also you have much to do with the main theme of this article.

 
At September 29, 2015 at 8:27 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

michael kors uk
Michael Kors Handbags Clearance Outlet
cheap uggs
Louis vuitton Official Website Outlet Online
New Michael Kors Handbags Outlet Online
toms outlet
louis vuitton
Cheap Ray Ban Wayfarer
ralph lauren
uggs outlet
ralph lauren uk
michael kors outlet
Coach Outlet Handbags With Factory Price
Authentic Louis Vuitton Bags Discount
ray-ban sunglasses,ray ban sunglasses,ray bans,rayban,ray ban wayfarer,raybans,ray ban glasses,ray ban aviators,ray ban clubmaster,ray ban eyeglasses,cheap ray bans,ray bans sunglasses,ray ban aviator,ray bands,fake ray bans,ray ban prescription glasses,ray ban outlet,ray ban canada,ray ban sunglasses sale,ray ban sale

 
At March 9, 2017 at 4:49 AM, Blogger Unknown said...


I seriously love your site
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/anti-black-ants-7.html
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/anti-black-ants-6.html
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/anti-black-ants-5.html
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/anti-black-ants-4.html
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/anti-black-ants-3.html
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/anti-black-ants-2.html
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/anti-black-ants.html

 
At March 30, 2017 at 11:00 PM, Blogger raybanoutlet001 said...

fitflops sale clearance
omega watches
ralph lauren
valentino shoes
replica rolex
fitflops
nike outlet
ecco
supra shoes
instyler max

 
At August 25, 2017 at 10:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

nike air max 2017
curry 3
pandora bracelet
yeezys
links of london
tom ford glasses
cheap jordans
nike air max
yeezy
longchamp handbags

 
At August 29, 2017 at 1:37 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

hermes birkin bag
cheap oakley sunglasses
yeezy boost 350
fitflop sandals
tory burch outlet
ralph lauren outlet
michael jordan shoes
ralph lauren
adidas soccer cleats
gafas ray ban
20178.29wengdongdong

 
At April 17, 2018 at 1:39 AM, Anonymous Cara Mengobati Epilepsi said...

This information is very useful. thank you for sharing. and I will also share information about health through the website

Pengobatan Herbal Rematik/Rheumatiod Arthritis
Obat Herbal Walatra Berry Jus
Cara Mengobati Telapak Kaki Berlubang
Obat Koreng Bernanah Alami
Cara Menyembuhkan Sakit Maag Kronis
Cara Menghilangkan Stretch mark

 
At August 4, 2018 at 9:33 PM, Blogger 5689 said...

zzzzz2018.8.5
pandora jewelry
canada goose jackets
longchamp handbags
reebok shoes
ralph lauren outlet
christian louboutin outlet
moncler outlet
louboutin shoes
nfl jerseys
supreme shirt

 
At August 31, 2018 at 1:43 AM, Blogger jeje said...

jinyi831
Ainsi, en empruntant au produit d'avancement du personnel de Tuckman, la phase basket nike femme 2017 air max vapor de normalisation pourrait peut-être relever des défis d'expertise dans la prise de décision finale. Alors, peep à la ville glorieuse avec les codes de réduction Metropolis Discovery fabriqués à mycouponbasket. Ils ont supposé que les routines d'échauffement ont connu son retour sur investissement. Si nous nous levons tous les matins à 6h du matin pour boire un café et manger des beignets tout en regardant la télé, nous pouvons être sûrs que le réveil à 6h du matin manger sainement et faire du sport. (Marines à ce jour cependant ajouter une couche supplémentaire de peinture noire pour la réduction de l'éblouissement et la résistance à la corrosion). Maintenant que nous sommes tous tellement habitués à utiliser nos téléphones nike air jordan 5 v retro pas cher portables dans nos véhicules, c'est vraiment un frein qu'ils modifient les lois.

 
At October 18, 2018 at 8:32 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

nike air max 2017
jordans
michael kors factory outlet
yeezy boost 350
kd 10
balenciaga
cheap jordans
kyrie 4
adidas yeezy
fake rolex

 
At November 25, 2018 at 9:12 PM, Blogger 5689 said...

zzzzz2018.11.26
nike tn
ecco shoes
vibram five fingers
ugg boots
coach outlet
christian louboutin
pandora outlet
ugg boots
basketballl shoes
true religion jeans outlet

 

Post a Comment

<< Home