Bucks Diary

Friday, April 13, 2007

Well, somebody had to win


Can you remember a more uninspired end to a Bucks season? I'm sure there have been plenty, especially of late, but this ending just seems to, like, suck the wind out of you, doesn't it? You don't even know what to root for, or why you should even care. I mean, I guess you're hoping the Bucks lose, because that's good, because they'll get more pingpong balls, but, then again, even if they get those extra pingpong balls its still more likely they'll get stuck with the fifth pick on lottery night, but, of course, they'll likely fall even farther if they win, so...oh, my God. It gives me a headache! I can't take it anymore, and I'm not even compelled to watch. How would you like to be in the position of either Jonny Mac or Paschke (did you hear Paschke after the game tonight? "Well, the Bucks win...that's...pretty good...I guess." He can't even summon the strength to care.)? Pure torture.

For what its worth, the Bucks beat the Celtics on Friday night... it seemed like they won by a lot, but they actually only won by two, if that makes sense. Anyway, with the Bucks victory and the Hawks loss to...whoever the hell they played, it doesn't really matter...the Bucks "lead" in the race for third worst narrowed to two games with three to play.

So, the Bucks play the Bobcats at home, whom they might beat given that the Bobcats are sitting Gerald Wallace, the Hawks at home, and then the Cavs on the road. I was going to check and see who the Hawks play, but then I thought "What the fuck does it matter?" Name one team you feel confident the Hawks will beat (they don't play the Grizz). I can't. They'll fuck the dog against the Washington Generals at this point. For that matter, so will the Bucks.

And, if the Bucks defeat Charlotte...welcome to David Stern's nightmare: the Bucks vs. Hawks. It will surely set basketball back at least a couple of decades. In fact, I predict the only good that will come out of it is it will provide the Urban Dictionary with a much-needed fourth definition for the gerund "cadillacing".

Actually, I may get tickets. On second thought, I think I'll schedule an elective root canal. Or I may try out my new eyeball needle. I haven't decided yet.

Footnote: I didn't post at all last week because I caught a nasty case of bronchitis over the Easter weekend and was a little too weak and feverish to get my thoughts together. I still think I should have attempted to post, though. Those would have been some trippy reads. Almost Waltonesque.


3 Comments:

At April 14, 2007 at 1:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why would it matter that the hawks get the 3rd worst record. It's all the same to them, they traded their pick to the suns. I can't imagine them tanking to help out the suns.

 
At April 14, 2007 at 1:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hawks don't have to give up the pick only if it's in the top-3, so that's one good reason

 
At April 15, 2007 at 1:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ty....where are our 20-spins? I like that feature....we need at least a weekend edition.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home