Bucks Diary

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Chance to judge Yi for ye self


I'll admit, the mystery and intrigue surrounding the Yi selection has been to this blog (on a nanoscopic level) what a botched break-in at the Watergate Hotel once was to a pair of Metro beat reporters at the Washington Post in the 1970s. Absolute tea for the tillerman. Had the Bucks selected someone boring, like say Brandan Wright, I would have stopped posting for the summer a long time ago. So its been fun.

But I'm a Bucks fan. At some point I want to see for myself what we've gotten for our trouble. Is this guy really the next great thing? Or will all this rhubarb amount to one big embarrasing nothing, as what happened with the Great Tony Mandarich Hype that temporarily afflicted, and then permanently scarred, PackerNation after the team selected the huge lineman with the mysteriously large amount of back acne No. 2 overall in the 1989 NFL Draft?

Well, I'll get my first chance to judge Yi for myself on Friday night (I'm not counting the endless grainy Youtube highlights floating around -- its easier to view the Zapruder film than those things.) Yi will make his first televised action appearance since being made the sixth pick overall by the Bucks Friday at 7:00 pm on NBAtv when Team China squares off against the Memphis Grizzlies Las Vegas summer league entrant. If you miss that game, you can catch him again on Saturday night at 9:00 pm when Team China takes on the Sacramento Kings summer team. I will Tivo the games and give you my impressions as soon as I watch them. I welcome yours as well.

Correction: Woops. A commenter has let me know that my schedule is off. He says the Friday game will not air until Saturday morning, and the Saturday game is not set to air at all except as a webcast. Oh well, I will still try to catch the game that will be on TV, but I assure you I am not interested enough in Yi to sit by my computer and watch a webcast. If they ran previously unseen vintage Dr. J ABA games, then maybe I'd sit at my desk and watch, but I don't have the patience to sit and watch Yi playing in a meaningless summer league game.

2 Comments:

At July 5, 2007 at 2:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you're a little off on your NBA TV schedule. According to the Summer League page, the Friday night game vs. Memphis will actually air at noon Saturday, the Saturday game vs. Sacramento will be available via webcast only, while the Sunday game vs. Cleveland will be live on NBA TV.

Great blog by the way.

 
At August 25, 2017 at 10:34 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

links of london sale
cheap basketball shoes
michael kors outlet online
kyrie irving shoes
adidas stan smith
nike huarache
timberland outlet
chrome hearts outlet
nike air force
adidas stan smith uk

 

Post a Comment

<< Home