Bucks Diary

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Report: Bucks close to inking Yi


The Yi saga appears to be entering its EndGame phase. A report by ESPN says the Milwaukee Bucks are close to signing the Chinese prospect, and that Bucks GM Larry Harris believes it may happen as early as today.

Larry Harris has followed the correct hardball negotiating strategy espoused on this blogsite from Day One, and it appears as though it is about to pay off. Because of it, Yi and his handlers are close to concluding that Yi playing for the Bucks is the only sensible outcome for all parties concerned. More on this as the story develops...

Update: My specific source on this was a news update on ESPN's morning show First Take. It was reported just prior to the Stern news conference, and thus they went no further into the matter after that.

6 Comments:

At July 24, 2007 at 12:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't see anything on ESPN. Link?

 
At July 24, 2007 at 3:35 PM, Blogger Ty Will said...

I saw it on a newsreport this morning on ESPN's First Take show, just prior to the Commissioner's news conference. They did not elaborate after that, due to their focus on the Commissioner's statements regarding the Donaghy scandal.

 
At July 24, 2007 at 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ty...I haven't seen or heard of this report.

The only report I've seen was this one that hit the internet two days ago from the "China News Service" implying that Yi would play here.

But after I read that story (the one I think you are referencing) a couple times, it seemed like just a rehash of a week or two old story where one of the Chinese guys said that "Yi's not coming back to the CBA" If you remember, that story didn't imply he reached any type of agreement with the Bucks. Just that they weren't planning on having Yi come back to the CBA next season.

I truly think this report was just a bad job of rehashing an old statment. I don't think any new breakthroughs have occurred.

 
At July 24, 2007 at 5:36 PM, Blogger Ty Will said...

I swear I saw it!! Diesel told me this rumor was burning up the net. I hope I'm not the primary source. I didn't mean to start a false rumor, I just noted what I saw.

That said, it better come true, or I will look as bad as Lance Allen of WTMJ did after he floated the "Ken Griffey to the Brewers" trade rumor.

 
At July 24, 2007 at 5:47 PM, Blogger Ty Will said...

I'm going off memory here, but the report I saw clearly implied that Larry Harris was, if not the source, then at least the indirect source of this report. The report even mentioned a buyout number for Yi's Chinese team. It was reported during one of those "Ann Curry on the Today Show" type news segments on First Take (they even have a woman giving them who resembles Ann Curry).

Did no one else see this??? Please come forward if you did.

 
At July 24, 2007 at 6:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you crazy, man. I like you, but you craazy...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home