Bucks Diary

Saturday, January 05, 2008

P**s Poor Effort by the Bucks


If you've been reading this blog, you know that the Bucks cannot hope to win playing any of their reserves, especially Bobby Simmons and Charlie Bell, for extended minutes. They got away with it against an unmotivated and undermanned Miami team, but I knew they probably wouldn't get away with it against a Washington Bullets team that features, statistically, one of the best starting fives in basketball. They didn't.

But put that all aside for a minute. The effort the Bucks gave last night was shameful. They were nearly "doubled down" at the half. You can't have that from any group of well-paid professionals in any industry. It just can't happen.

I don't blame Coach Krisco, either. Plenty of people at the tavern I was watching the game at (in my Bucks ski cap no less) were pissing and moaning about firing Coach K. I disputed that.

I think it ultimately must and will fall upon the man who put this slouchy team together, not the coach who has been asked to babysit them. 3 men have proven incapable of coaching Larry Harris assembled units... at some point don't you have to blame him?

Anyway, I like Coach K and really feel for him. He looks like he's losing weight and sleep over this deal. I saw it coming and people laughed at me when I called this a lottery team before the season, but they are what they are.

Btw: I'll post my frontcourt rankings later today.

Double Btw: I never thought I'd be embarrassed to be an Antlerhead. Last night I was.

6 Comments:

At January 5, 2008 at 10:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didn't the same team conditions exist for Stotts, including more and deeper injuries, yet you favored throwing him under the bus? Why now the leniency, about which I agree, regarding LK, which you didn't extend to Stotts ( about which I disagree).

 
At January 5, 2008 at 11:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Should have kept Porter. Even Stotts got more production out of this group. Coach K is letting fundamentals like boxing out slide. He needs to go.

 
At January 5, 2008 at 1:44 PM, Blogger Ty Will said...

Anonymous 1:

You know what... you're exactly right. I've come to learn that an NBA coach can only make a difference on the margins. Its a rare coach who can make a team better, and even then it only occurs at the margins. I don't think a coach exists who can make chicken salad out of the chicken shit roster the Bucks have.

Actually, let me correct that... the bench is chicken shit. The starters have potential. But you can only ride them so far.

Also, thanks for continuing to read the blog even though I know you have vehemently disagreed with me in the past.

 
At January 5, 2008 at 1:52 PM, Blogger Ty Will said...

Anonymous 2:

Normally, I would agree with you except for two things.

1) I really think if Coach K believed he had a better option to go to when guys let down on defense, or surrender easy o rebounds, he would go to it. He just doesn't have any options.

2) Keep in mind, every roster is different. Sure the main players are the same, but the other players on the roster make a bigger difference than I used to think.

 
At January 6, 2008 at 12:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

tcw,

I agree that we are missing Skinner and Ruben. I'm still not impressed with Coach K.

 
At January 7, 2008 at 12:24 AM, Blogger Trigorin said...

Bell and Simmons faired ok against the bobcat's did they not? Statistis are a great tool but don't forget to simply watch and judge on what you feel. Both Bell and Simmons can play ball. I agree they haven't hit the floor this year as I would have hoped but doesn't mean that they don't have it in them. The bucks have the talent to step up their games as do most teams the question is do they want it bad enough. keep up the good fight bucks fans.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home