Bucks Diary

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Ruffin took the fu*#ing last shot?!


What the hell was that last out-of-bounds play all about, Crisco? How do you draw up a play that in any way involves, or has any chance of devolving into, Michael Ruffin taking the final shot? In fact, why was he even out there???!!!!

The play... if you can call it that... that I am refering to is the final out-of-bounds play in last night's hideous Bucks loss to the dreadful New York Knicks, at the Bradley Center, 99-98. This was the Bucks second loss to the 15-and-something Knicks in which the Bucks had a second half lead of 17 points. My God. Unforgiveable.

But back to the play. It was the WORST inbounds play I've ever seen in my basketball life. It was so stupid... it was virtually dead on arrival. I've watched it 8 times now on DVR, and I STILL cannot tell what Crisco was trying to accomplish with that play design.

It looked sort of like a half-assed attempt at setting up a lob for Charlie Villanueva. Yes, a lob to Charlie Villanueva! Because he's such a high flier, I guess. I hope I'm wrong about that, but that's all the action that was going on for the first 4.5 of the 5 seconds Bobby Simmons had to get the ball inbounds.

A lob to Villanueva! First of all, why are you calling a lob play? There was plenty of time on the clock to get it in and get something going toward the basket. Instead they looked as though they were setting up a lob to Villanueva. You call lob plays in desperation when there is like 0.1 seconds on the clock. Not when there's 5 plus seconds on the clock.

It gets better/worse. After the lob attempt was completely shut down, unbelievably, option 2 was to put the ball in Charlie Bell's hands. Charlie Bell!! The spot up shooter who never... ever... attacks the basket. That Charlie Bell. He was the guy Coach K had the inbounds pass directed toward.

I just have a few questions regarding the design of that play. Why wasn't the play set up as a two man game with the Bucks only scorers on the floor -- Michael Redd and Charlie Villanueva? Why did neither of them go anywhere near the basketball when it was being inbounded? Where the hell did Coach K get the idea that a play designed like the one he designed had any chance in hell of ever working?? And... WHY WAS MICHAEL RUFFIN IN A POSITION TO TAKE THE FINAL SHOT???

I'm losing my mind Bucks fans. I need to sign off RIGHT NOW before I type something about Coach K I might later regret.

3 Comments:

At February 9, 2008 at 11:04 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

It's hard for me to even get mad about this anymore. But hey, the Bucks have been hiring guys with little to no NBA head coaching experience since Karl left so I feel like I've seen this kind of shit over and over again.

 
At February 9, 2008 at 11:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think we are back in the Chris Ford/Dunleavey days under Herb Kohl's crack management and direction....but at least back then you still had a bunch of 1980's holdover fans who would come to games and make it exciting.....

 
At November 25, 2018 at 9:11 PM, Blogger 5689 said...

zzzzz2018.11.26
nike tn
ecco shoes
vibram five fingers
ugg boots
coach outlet
christian louboutin
pandora outlet
ugg boots
basketballl shoes
true religion jeans outlet

 

Post a Comment

<< Home