Bucks Diary

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

BrewHoop: Kohl meets with Suns VP


In a piece of outstanding covert reporting, Frank at BrewHoop got and confirmed a tip that Senator Kohl recently met, and I assume had lunch with, Suns VP David Griffin at Elsa's in Milwaukee.

That should come as encouraging news (along with the fact that we are not hearing Doug Collins name or the name of any retreads). It seems the Senator is getting serious about bringing in someone serious who can rebuild what has become of our once proud Milwaukee Buck franchise. The hire would be in the tradition of, if not exactly parallel to, the Packers watershed hiring of Ron Wolf, which I wrote about a week or so ago.

We need a new direction

I made this point in the comment section one time, and I'll remake it here. For many of us who grew up in Wisconsin, there was a time in the 80s when the only sports team we had to be proud of in this state was the Milwaukee Bucks. Look at the situation we are now in. Every single sports team -- college and professional -- has bypassed the Bucks, and it makes me sad and a little angry. The Packers, the Brewers, Badgers hoops, Badgers football, Marquette hoops... they're all looking up... and the Bucks are in shambles

As Bunk once said to Omar in one of my favorite scenes on one of my all-time favorite shows, "It makes me sick, m#th#rf###er, how far we done fell!" The same sentiments, I am sure, have to have come across the minds of long-time Bucks fans. Maybe the situation is changing. Call it my "audacity of hope", I guess.

Footnote: If you're going to Brewhoop, don't type "Brewhoops". You get one of those annoying misdirect websites. Who are the deviants that waste their time developing those sites?

Footnote2: As some of you know, I also have a Brewers blog... which I have been shamefully neglecting. I'm considering combining that one with this one and making the two into one new blog. It would be a combination Brewers/Bucks/NBA/MLB blog. I'll post my plans on both blogs... if anyone cares.

10 Comments:

At April 1, 2008 at 8:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the mention, Ty. I'd definitely be OK with Griffin at this point, though at this point it's hard to say how good he'd be or how he might work within the existing power structure.

I think having just one talented guy in the front office might not be enough. I don't think Babcock's bad, but then again Bucks' overall drafting has been hit or miss the last few years.

If we somehow got a veteran coach and a bright young GM then maybe those two voices can turn things around a bit. Personally I'd like to have a team president + GM type situation, but it doesn't seem like that's how it's going to go. A good GM alone might not be enough, especially if he's young and doesn't have Kohl's full confidence.

And as a reader of your Brewers stuff, please start writing soon. I'm curious to know how many fewer runs per game Braun is costing as a LF rather than a 3B this year!

 
At April 2, 2008 at 10:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no...the fame is going to FAM's head....no hat tip to LGator the poster on RealGM who broke this story? Ha ha.

 
At April 2, 2008 at 10:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My bad Frank...you did hattip LGator....Kohl has to be a bit freaked that the Bucks fans are watching his every move right now.

 
At April 3, 2008 at 9:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please don't combine the two blogs Ty. I hate the Brewers, and love this blog just the way it is.

BTW - Your NCAA picks have me in third place. Now, it's all up to Kansas. The people in 1st and 2nd picked UCLA to win it all. I really appreciate your work. Thanks!

 
At April 3, 2008 at 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

C'mon Press, I'm not going to start ripping off RealGM...not until I get my cushy job as a "real journalist"

:)

 
At April 4, 2008 at 1:03 PM, Blogger Ty Will said...

Jrock:

I'll leave as is. I kind of thought there might be that sentiment out there.

The only problem is, its hard to come up with interesting topics, but i may solve that by occasionally expanding this into a general NBA blog.

 
At April 4, 2008 at 1:12 PM, Blogger Ty Will said...

Frank:

Outstanding take. The one thing that worries me about the Senator is his meddling, if that's true.

You read the Brewers stuff? Did you see Braun on roller skates out in left yesterday? Oh my goodness. That's was ugly. You can't hide that dude anywhere.

I have this weird thing where I'm either into baseball or basketball, and I have a hard time switching between the two. Its really odd, and makes no sense.

But that's why I was going to combine the two blogs into one.

But Jrocks right. Its probably better to keep them seperate.

 
At April 4, 2008 at 1:35 PM, Blogger Ty Will said...

Frank:

By the way, I loved that video clip on Brewhoop of Bogut at the free throw line highfiving air when his sad sack teammates couldn't trouble themselves to lay some skin on him. I meant to link to that. I almost whet myself laughing when i saw it.

Also, I love reading RealGM, too. Those are real Green and Red blooded Bucks fans.

In fact, the takes on those boards are so good, I try to limit my exposure to them. I sometimes suffer from what's called "cryptomnesia"... I'll read something quickly, think about it for a second, like it, then forget that I read it, and two weeks later convince myself that it was my own inspired thought.

Or I guess what happens is a random thought occurs to you, and you can't remember if you came up with that thought in the shower or if you read it somewhere else.

If you review a lot of different material covering the same subject, but from many different sources, you'd be surprised how often that happens.

 
At September 29, 2015 at 8:26 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

michael kors uk
Michael Kors Handbags Clearance Outlet
cheap uggs
Louis vuitton Official Website Outlet Online
New Michael Kors Handbags Outlet Online
toms outlet
louis vuitton
Cheap Ray Ban Wayfarer
ralph lauren
uggs outlet
ralph lauren uk
michael kors outlet
Coach Outlet Handbags With Factory Price
Authentic Louis Vuitton Bags Discount
ray-ban sunglasses,ray ban sunglasses,ray bans,rayban,ray ban wayfarer,raybans,ray ban glasses,ray ban aviators,ray ban clubmaster,ray ban eyeglasses,cheap ray bans,ray bans sunglasses,ray ban aviator,ray bands,fake ray bans,ray ban prescription glasses,ray ban outlet,ray ban canada,ray ban sunglasses sale,ray ban sale

 
At April 28, 2019 at 11:37 PM, Blogger Rose Blackpink said...

It was really a great information thanks for sharing.

cara mengatasi telinga berdengung
cara mengobati iritasi mata
cara alami mengatasi biang keringat pada bayi
obat herbal fistula ani

 

Post a Comment

<< Home