Bucks Diary

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Bucks criticized for having "no plan"


Have the Bucks become the new Clippers -- the uber example of a team that's poorly managed?

This morning on the ESPN radio show "Mike and Mike in the Morning" the hosts, Mike Greenberg and Mike Golic, were discussing NBA franchises who were without "plans". Your Milwaukee Bucks were singled out as a prime example of what happens to a team without a plan.

"You look at teams that win consistently," Greenberg said, "they are teams that have a plan... organizations that have a plan. Look at the NBA -- look at the Milwaukee Bucks. Do they have a plan? How many different coaches have they hired and fired in the last five years. They are now hiring their fifth coach in the last five years..."

The pair went on to conclude that in sports, as in any business, you need a model or plan for success, and you need people in ownership with the patience to see the plan through.

My thoughts about their general thesis: Its not absolutely correct. There are certainly instances where a measure of short term pain is a necessary down payment on long term gain. But I see no absolute virtue in merely in "sticking with a plan" simply to stick with a plan. At some point "sticking with the plan" morphs into "accepting mediocrity".

My thoughts specifically related to the Bucks: Until a month ago, their opinion was spot on. Larry Harris had no plan. He had desire, ambition, and everything else you need to succeed... but I really don't think he had any concrete notion of what components equal a championship team. Now, I think the Bucks may finally be on the right track with the hiring of John Hammond and Scott Skiles. But I'm crossing my fingers.

2 Comments:

At December 7, 2009 at 9:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi !.
You may , probably curious to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
There is no initial capital needed You may begin to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
The company incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with offices everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your chance That`s what you wish in the long run!

I feel good, I started to get income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a correct companion who uses your funds in a right way - that`s it!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://fageqedop.100freemb.com/tepuzuba.html
and go! Let`s take this option together to get rid of nastiness of the life

 
At February 3, 2010 at 4:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have been times of hardship when I didn't know about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright stupid person.
I have never imagined that there weren't any need in large starting capital.
Nowadays, I'm happy and lucky , I started take up real income.
It gets down to choose a proper companion who uses your money in a right way - that is incorporate it in real business, and shares the income with me.

You may get interested, if there are such firms? I have to answer the truth, YES, there are. Please be informed of one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home