Bucks Diary

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

That's what I kind of thought


I have not revealed (nor made) my pick for the NBA Finals, but I will reveal that for several matchup/numerical reasons (for instance: who in Purple and Gold will check Paul Pierce? Radmanovic?!!), my early lean is East toward the Celtics.

Then I read the Bozo Brigade of experts over at ESPN, and 9 out of 10 of them are picking the Lakers. That implies its going to be a one sided series tilting decidedly West. Even Billy Simmons seems to be picking the Lakers (although he's also still clinging to his assinine "Ewing Theorem" or whatever the hell he calls it when a team purportedly -- but not actually -- gets better when it loses its best player).

Now this morning on Foxsports.com, WhatIf Sports did one of there "10,000 times" Monte Carlo simulations of the NBA Finals and they came up with the Celtics in 6, so that leans decidedly to Boston. That makes sense. But, remember, I think the professor that wrote that original sabermetric baseball book back in the 1960s proved that a seven game series will often yield irrational results.

So who knows. All I know for sure is that as a basketball fan I am juiced to the gills. I think its going to be high drama.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home