Bucks Diary

Saturday, August 09, 2008

Puzzle coming together for at least one Buck rookie


If you read this blog you know that I have pretty much soured on Bucks first round pick Joe Alexander in near record time. He looks to me like a workout freak who's a mechanical player without a position. He does not appear versatile enough to play the 3, not big enough or nearly aggressive enough on the boards to play the 4. Hope I'm wrong, but I got a bad feeling.

I've got just the opposite sentiments when it comes to the Bucks second round pick from UCLA, the Fresh Prince... Luc Richard Mbah a Moute (I'm not even going to look up the spelling of his name, I'm going off memory). You will recall last month that Bucks Diary enthusiastically labeled his Vegas Summer League statistical performance "Better than expected!!", and since then everyone (including John Hammond and Scott Skiles) has been raving about his defense. From what I hear, the guy loves to square his man up and lock him down on the defensive end. That's Skiles Ball.

Moreover, the word is Moute, a natural 4, can back all the way up to the 2 on the defensive end. Nice. If that's true, what a great weapon he could be off the Bucks bench.

Has the UCLA-Milwaukee Bucks pipeline produced another Green-and-Red gem? Stay tuned to find out.

1 Comments:

At August 10, 2008 at 5:58 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

as a ucla fan, luc is one of my alltime favorites. great defender,
rebounder, motor and heart. if he
can learn to hit the 10 to 15 ft
jumpshot, you will have a gem.
shooting is his big time weakness.
memphis, in final four, doubled love
and dared him to shoot the open shot.
unfortunately, he obliged.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home