Bucks Diary

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Win Profile for the 2007-08 Cleveland Cavaliers


Administrative Notes: I fixed the Orlando Magic Win Chart in the previous post. It is now totally complete. Sorry for posting it half finished. I didn't realize the bottom wasn't done until I had already completed the post. Also, I have cleaned up some of my past Win Charts as well. I notice in looking at them that my weakest effort is my Bucks chart. That's only because it was my first one. But I still can't let that stand. But let me finish the rest before I clean that up.

Cleveland Cavaliers Win Profile Chart Click here

LeBron dominates

1. LeBron is not quite the offensive force that Dwight Howard is, nor the defensive force that Paul Pierce is, but he's carrying that Cleveland team almost all by himself. The second biggest win producer has only half of Lebron's wins. And if you look in the column "Win Value over Average" 12 of the Cavaliers on the Win Chart produced fewer Wins than the average NBA player would be expected to produce in that player's given amount of playing time. In other words, they were "losing team" players.

2. Not Ben Wallace, though. He made a nice contribution in his short stint with the team.

3. Look at the sweet ballplayer the Bucks got for Mo Williams!! Not only is he a loudmouth malcontent, he plays no defense and no offense and he was a 15-67 performer last year!! How fast can we cut the bum??

4. Sasha Pavlovic is one of the worst basketball players in the NBA. Sorry. He just is.

5. Drew Gooden played well for the Bulls, but he didn't play so well for the Cavs. No wonder they wanted him out of town.

6. Larry Hughes. What a joke.

7. This is one of the first teams in which my Win Total was off by more than a full win. But it wont be the last. The Warriors and the Heat will be off by much worse. But that really doesn't bother me. In fact, if every calculation was right on the money... THEN I would think something was odd. If that makes any sense.

2 Comments:

At August 16, 2008 at 7:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lebron is not the offensive force that Dwight Howard is? Are you mental? Dwight Howard? How do you figure? Lebron can score from anywhere, Howard can't score from more than three feet away from the basket.

 
At August 24, 2008 at 3:33 AM, Blogger Ty Will said...

Its not who can beat whom one-on-one, obviously that would be Lebron. I'm concerned with who produces the statistics that tend to produce wins. That edge goes to Howard.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home