Bucks Diary

Monday, September 29, 2008

Bucks Diary: For the faithful... ONLY!


I've made no secret for whom I write this blog. The Green and Red Faithful. The sickos who, despite all the evidence to the contrary, despite all the beatdowns, despite all the dashed hopes, despite everything... hold onto their memories of Moncrief and Bridgeman and... yes, Fred Roberts... and hold out hope of that glorious Green and Red revival. Basically, the guys who debate endlessly on the Bucks boards on RealGM. Those are the hardcores who are welcome here anytime. Those are the guys who can call me "ahole" or tell me I don't know what the hell I'm talking about whenever they want. Because those are the guys for whom I blog.

I'll tell you for whom I do not blog. The ditzy chicks who cut hair at the salon, who six years ago... no two years ago would have asked you (note: read this next line with a tinge of Valley Girl contempt) "Whyyyyy are you wearrrring a Brewwwwers shirt????!!!" Those same chicks who are now polluting every establishment in Milwaukee and who are themselves supposedly nutso crazzzzzy for Ryan Braun or for JJ Hardy or who can't get enough of the fact that Prince Fielder untucks his jersey and who dress from head to toe in new school Brewer Gear that's so brand new you can see the fucking tags on it and who if you ask them will tell you their dads supposedly always took them to Opening Day every year and... I mean who the fuck are they kidding? You're a bandwagon jumper sweetheart! Nothing more!

The town of Milwaukee is now polluted with these insufferable bastards, just as the entire state of Wisconsin was polluted with them (except they were supposedly Packer fans) ten odd years ago. Ohhhh, they jumped off the Packer band wagon as soon as they stopped winning ("You mean, the Packers aren't in the Super Bowl this year? How come??"), and soon they will stop wearing their Brewers gear as well, and one day Miller Park will go back to having September games that are played in complete anonymity, while those girls go about simply cutting hair, completely unaware that the Brewers are even playing that day.

But for now, oh yeah, they're all TRUE BLUE BREW CREW from head to toe. That's why I've turned my attention completely to the Bucks. So have the crickets. And the real fans. Thanks for staying aboard guys.

2 Comments:

At September 29, 2008 at 10:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eh...let the bandwagon Brewer fans have their day. We need something to cheer in this town.

Bucks are only one week away from a preseason game....and I'd much rather go to that game than go to a Brewers playoff game......good times....good times.

 
At September 30, 2008 at 12:26 AM, Blogger Ty Will said...

Yes, indeed. For some reason I'm extra pumped for training camp this year. I don't think we'll make the playoffs, but I dont think I'll be embarassed to call myself a Bucks fan anymore either.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home