Bucks Diary

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Have you seen the Bucks new alternate road digs?


Remember two seasons ago when I was obsessed with the Bucks uniform change and I speculated they might go with an all red look? It turned out I was not wrong... just premature. Two years on and the Bucks will indeed be sporting an all red uniform -- occasionally -- on enemy hardwoods across the Association this winter.

A few days ago the Milwaukee Bucks unveiled their new "designed-to-boost-replica-jersey-sales" all-red alternate road jerseys with "Milwaukee" on the front. The new jerseys are the first predominantly red uniforms in team history, and the first to feature the city in over 30 years.

I love the "Milwaukee" touch. City lettering like that hearkens back to the Green and Red glory years, including my favorite Bucks road jerseys -- the hunter green and red scripted "Milwaukee" traveling greens from the Bucks 1973-74 Western Conference Championship season -- and definitely hearkens back to my second favorite road jerseys, the ones from the Bucks only World Championship season in 1970-71.

But... to be brutally honest with you, Antlerheads... I'm not sure i like the red look. It just doesn't say "Bucks basketball" to me at all. In fact... and believe me I hate to say it... but it kinda says this to me. What do you guys think?

3 Comments:

At September 26, 2008 at 9:48 AM, Blogger 3000 said...

You're right. When I first saw that picture, I thought it was a Bulls jersey.

It's impossible for me to be objective, but I wish they'd bust out the 80s greens. If for no other reason than I could buy one....

 
At September 26, 2008 at 11:05 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I agree completely. When I see a red jersey I think of either the Bulls, Rockets, even the Hawks. Don't the Raptors have an all red jersey as well?

 
At September 28, 2008 at 2:22 PM, Blogger Ty Will said...

Glenn,

Are you the famous GlenninTampa? I laugh my ass off reading some of the exchanges on the JS Bucks blog!

If you are I'm honored to have you reading the Bucks Diary. If you're not I'm honored just the same. You're the kind of Bucks fan I write for (the hardcores -- pressey, the diesel, anyone from realgm's boards, 3000... Antlerheads.)

PS-- If you are Tampa Glenn, sorry if I ever diss Redd. I usually just call em by the numbers, unless its a question of effort or lack thereof.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home