Bucks Diary

Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Gradual Rise Theory... I like it

The current popular theory regarding the Bucks season is that they will struggle early and rise late.  I buy that, and I think it will come to pass.

The theory is predicated on several things.  First, the Bucks early schedule is brutal (as every Bucks representative now seems to point out).  The pre-Christmas run is heavily loaded with road games.  I agree with that.

The second predicate is it will take time for new coach Scott Skiles to implement his Lockdown defensive system.  I agree with that as well.

Thus I buy into the Theory of the Gradual Rise, as all Bucks fans should. 

So be patient.  Things may be a little ugly at first for the Green and Red.  Be ready for that. But the Bucks will improve with time. 

Because defense is all about effort.  Coach Skiles will demand that, and the team will eventually have to buy in.  Those that don't will be run out of Milwaukee (like Lombardi's famous first speech "There are buses and trains leaving Green Bay every day...").  Once that happens, things will get better.

2 Comments:

At October 26, 2008 at 10:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not a buyer of this, as it has been used too many times in the past as an excuse for why things didn't go well in a particular season. This is the fourth year in a row I've heard fans and the team talk about "how tough" the early schedule is. It is a fallacy. Your entire schedule is tough in the NBA if you are a crappy team.

I have no idea how this team will perform this year. Could be 28-wins or 48-wins. But I do know that they don't have much long-term upside as currently comprised. Redd, Bogut and RJ are who we think they are.

This thing either works by January 1st or I think it needs to get blown up.

 
At October 26, 2008 at 5:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Bucks should pick up Nick Fazekas and start him at PF. He'd add the main thing the Bucks need: rebounding. Plus we could bring in CV off the bench to score. See the following Wages of Wins article.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home