Bucks Diary

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Possible Live Bucksdiary tonight


There's a 50-50 chance I will be live blogging for tonight's Bucks vs. Thunder game. If I am not I will certainly be posting sporadic thoughts on how the game is unfolding.

I blew it... again!

If any of you have tried to contact me by email, you know I can sometimes be a little unreliable when it comes to responding. Partially because I get so much junk email, partially because I can just be a little unreliable.

Its cost me several times. In fact, when it comes to promoting this little blog, I never miss a chance to miss a chance.

First, I was supposed to move the blog to SBNation, by invitation from the guy who writes one of the gold standard NBA blogs "Blog-a-Bull", where it would certainly have garnered more traffic than it now gets. Basically, 75% of all the cool basketball blogs are on that site, and mine could have been amongst them.

But, I dragged my feet, hemmed and hawed, and finally they said "OK... fuck you." Once again my tardiness alienated people I did not in any way mean to alienate. Basically, I was noncommital only because I didn't know if I could make the kind of commitment they wanted and deserved, and also I was at the time I a little leery of any form of editorial oversight, which in retrospect was rather stupid on my part. So that opportunity passed. No hard feelings, I hope. (the outstanding blog BrewHoop is there now, and they are ten times better than what I would have provided anyway).
Link

Then recently Dan Walsh contacted me and asked me to move my little Bucks blog over to Sportsbubbler. Well, at the time I never heard of Dan Walsh (which didn't really matter) nor Sportsbubbler (which kind of mattered). So once again I mee-mawed a bit (partially because I was going through some issues at the time, so I wasn't really focused on the blog), and I guess Dan moved on.

Now all I hear about whenever I listen to any bigtime Wisconsin sporting event is "Sportsbubbler this... Sportsbubbler that..." and its like a kick in the groin. Just to kick me harder, I now see Dan Walsh all the time on my favorite TV show (SportsRoundtable) and he seems really cool. So that one I really regret.

Now, about 10 days ago I get an email from the man I consider THE GURU when it comes to the NBA Draft -- and a very cool guy -- Erich Doerr (you may have read his writing; it is featured on both "The Wages of Wins Journal" and "Draft-Express") asking me to do a prognostication on the NBA using the metric I feature here -- Defensive Win Score. I overlooked that email and only got back to him yesterday.

Now I see on the latest post on Wages of Wins Journal that I missed a chance to really make a name for myself as a "Moneyball" influenced basketball blogger. Goddamn!! I can't get out of my own way!!

Oh, well. I'm seriously happy just to provide a service to BucksNation. As I always say, Wisconsin newspapers knock themselves out when iLinkt comes to providing indepth analysis and insight on the Green Bay Packers, but when it comes to the Milwaukee Bucks, their coverage is Stone Age quality. Hopefully I and other bloggers and posters (BrewHoop, Bratwurst, the board at RealGM, etc) help a little to fill in the gap. That's good enough for me.

Anyway, I hope to be on tonight and to provide a "Total Win Contribution" boxscore afterward. Go Bucks. I'll do a projected score also prior to tipoff. Thanks for reading.

ROCK THE GREEN AND RED!!

2 Comments:

At October 29, 2008 at 10:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ty, keep it up. A number of us are reading if not commenting on each post.

BTW, good move on not going to sports bubbler. Keep your independence !

 
At October 30, 2008 at 3:04 AM, Blogger ruffian96 said...

I second that. The traffic you get here may be quiet, but is loyal.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home