Bucks Diary

Monday, October 27, 2008

Preseason Efficiency Differentials for every NBA team


I meant to rank every NBA team's Preseason performances by both raw Efficiency Differential, and by "Point Value over Average". PVOA gives a theoretically schedule neutral assessment of every team's performance by comparing their points scored and points allowed per possession against the points scored and points allowed by every other team on each opponent's schedule.

Unfortunately, I didn't have time to complete the arduous Point Value over Average calculations for any team other than my Milwaukee Bucks (Bucks fans, I'll have the complete rundown for the Bucks in the next post, which I want to have up by Midnight sharp, Opening Night... which gives me 35 minutes here.)
But I did complete raw Efficiency Differentials for every team. The Hornets and Magic were the best teams this preseason by a long shot. The Blazers also look improved, as do the Timberwolves, Knicks, and Pacers. On the flip side, the Bucks, Hornets, and Bullets have a lot of work to do. That said, be careful of my rankings when assessing established teams like the Lakers and Celtics. Those type teams rarely play their stars for anything like their regular minutes, so their differentials are probably quite depressed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home