Bucks Diary

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Yi IS NOT off to a solid start with the Nets


Okay, I only have a minute to do this post, but I have to get this off my chest.

The fellow who writes the Bucks blog for JSonline claims that because Yi Jianlian scored 17 points in an exhibition game Sunday, he is "off to a good start" for the Nets. That is patently false.

Bucks fans who read this blog, please look at Yi's entire box score for the game in question. If you do, and if you know what I'm talking about, you will know that IN FACT Yi's output represents the same sickly numbers that got him run out of Milwaukee.

I don't have time to lay out the case now, but it should be obvious to anyone who looks at the stats why the preceding statement is true.

Let me summarize it like this: If you understand the division of labor on an NBA basketball court, you have to conclude that Yi had an "OKAY" game if he played shooting guard for the Nets, which I am certain he did not. More than likely, he occupied the power forward position. If that is true, he had a severely below average game.

You simply cannot win in the Association with frontline players who are soft and refuse to rebound. That is Yi's profile. I suspect it will always be Yi's profile.

I am glad he is gone.

4 Comments:

At October 15, 2008 at 6:10 PM, Blogger bobbo said...

Racist yokel

 
At October 15, 2008 at 7:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ty....good call on this one.

 
At October 16, 2008 at 2:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What pressey said....

 
At October 20, 2008 at 4:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with bobbo. Yi IS a racist yokel.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home