Bucks Diary

Friday, December 19, 2008

A complete sabermetric diagnosis of the Bucks offensive woes


I've finally completed my statistical analysis of the Bucks offensive woes. I have the chart for your observations. It contains every important statistic for every Milwaukee Buck along with the corresponding NBA positional average, taken from the positional averages done by Professor Berri's research. I leave it to you to observe which Bucks are deficient in which areas.


You will notice the chart emphasizes: possessions gained per 48 minutes, basket attacking ability, scoring reliability, and the ability to convert possessions into points. Those four categories are the essence of NBA offensive excellence.
I'm sure after looking at the chart you will conclude, as I do, that, as Alec Baldwin said in the awesome scene in Glengarry Glen Ross, the Bucks offense's name so far this season is "Your Wanting". (PUT THAT COFFEE DOWN, CHARLIE BELL! YOU CALL YOURSELF A SHOOTING GUARD YOU SON OF A BITCH!)

2 Comments:

At December 19, 2008 at 5:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That coffee's for closers.

 
At December 19, 2008 at 6:27 PM, Blogger Ty Will said...

Totally Awesome, scene... I remember I recommended that movie to my brother and his friends and they thought I was wack... time won me out on that one for sure... absolute classic movie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home