Bucks Diary

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Is it time for the Bucks to wash their hands of Mr. Redd?


Maybe this is just a frustrated Bucks fan thinking out loud, and I invite criticism and beratement from all quarters, but watching last night's game, I just couldn't help thinking "I've seen one too many of Michael Redd's nonsense shots... just what is this maximum dollar guy bringing to the party?" I'm starting to think its time for him to move on.

Now, last season I said the Bucks ought to shop Andrew Bogut, and I was dead wrong. I did not take into account replacement value. But in Redd's case I have. Yeah, he's a decent player, but where's the bang for the buck? He plays at the most readily replaceable position, and frankly... HE AINT KOBE BRYANT!

I just think, watching the team without him and now watching it with him, there's no discernible difference. Either way, they're about a 34 win unit (provided you replace Redd with Sessions and not Bell). I say save the money, look to the future, and toodaloo Mr. Redd.

Of course, that may just be the hangover talking. And I don't mean booze hangover. I'm talking about the hangover I got from watching the Bucks get blown away in the fourth quarter by an absolute carnival outfit like the Golden State Warriors and watching them get clowned by an absolute carny player like that f'ing Bernelli or whatever the f his foreign name is!! (Why didn't someone put him on his f'ing ass at least once!! I would have dropped him after his first hot dog stunt!)

I'll have a TWC Boxscore in a bit.

8 Comments:

At December 11, 2008 at 11:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who would want him?? The Warriors undrafted free agent looked better than Redd. Redd has no heart unless the coach lets him hog the ball and that isn't happening this year.

 
At December 11, 2008 at 3:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

just face it Bucks are a boring team to watch, and those absolute carnival outfit Golden State Warriors just crushed them. Which team is more fun to watch, Bucks or W's?

 
At December 11, 2008 at 4:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

testify brother... they actually seem to win more games when he is injured.
then he comes back and starts jackin 20 shots of usual garbage every game, sure when hes hitting we'll win for sure but thats not often enough!! Pass & play some D ffs!! 34 mins for 1.5 assists form a guard is abysmal... in a game the other day. 38 mins, 0 assists. nuff said

 
At December 11, 2008 at 5:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bucks get Andre Miller, Jason Smith, and Samuel Dalembert.
Sixers get Damon Jones, Michael Redd, and Luke Ridnour.

 
At December 11, 2008 at 9:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn just get Redd off the team for a PF and draft Stephen Curry.

 
At December 12, 2008 at 2:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Redd is the perfect fit for the current Bucks. Middling boring team, meet middling boring guard.

***Shudder. I just looked at the roster... it's ugly.***

Dump Redd, Villaneuva, Jones, Allen, Gadzuric, Croshere, Lue and Ridnour.

I guess that leaves a lineup of Ramon, some combo of Jefferson, Bell, Joe and Luc at the 2-4 spots, and Bogut. It's a start.

 
At December 12, 2008 at 9:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely! Overpaid and definitley replaceable!

Redd, Alexander and CV
to Utah for
AK47, Millsap and Korver

Not big on taking on longer contracts, but Millsap is the prize here! The D gets even better (though AK can be a cancer with repsect to team unity) and Korver plays how Redd should ... only shoot when open. The Bucks aren't gonna re-sign CV and JA is likely a bust.

Utah has one of te leagues best PF and one of the best up and coming PF who will be a starter in this league (check his numbers for the last week or so starting for Boozer). They need a more reliable long range threat and get that in Redd.

Yes, I know, I'm dreaming!!!

 
At December 12, 2008 at 11:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha. that anonoymous guy above me is one crazy bastard, but i love him!

that trade would be great even though i doubt it would happen.

AK-47 is my favorite player, love his work on the defensive floor.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home