Bucks Diary

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Dear Santa: Please deliver Richard Hendrix to the Bucks


I do not understand the logic behind some of the decisions made in the National Basketball Association. An awesome anonymous tipster just brought me this news (thank you by the way, brother, and I wish you guys would leave monikers so I can give proper props... but I think I'm moving to MVN shortly anyway, so do it when I get there PLEASE) The Golden State Warriors just cut loose Richard Hendrix... a guy who has TRUE VALUE tattoed on his chest.

Teams think he's undersized. HE'S NOT!! Head height is IRRELEVANT in basketball. The relevant "height" for basketball purposes is your standing reach. And he's got above average standing reach (his standing reach is 9'0''). The average center is 9'1''. He's also got the size (250 lbs) and the strength (13 reps) to play both of the most valuable positions on the court (PF/C). I would estimate his replacement value at around +5.0. So he's a wildly valuable commodity.

And, most importantly, he's a proven producer. Everything on his resume says he would be a WILDLY PRODUCTIVE WIN CONTRIBUTOR. In college he consistently produced huge numbers (defensive numbers I can't reproduce at the moment). Professor Berri's study of the last twenty drafts, I believe, showed the average NBA center/power forward had a collegiate Win Score/40 (they play 40 min in the NCAA) of 12.4. Hendrix had a four year collegiate average of 14.3, and he produced a Win Score 12.0 as a freshman! So he's the real deal!

If that's not enough, the guy produced a 17.4 WS/48 in the D League. And he played pretty sweet defense too. He had a MWS/48 of approximately +4.6 and a Total Win Conribution of +0.543 to the 9-1 Bakersfield Jam. He's a freakin' winner!!

He's got the size, he's got the bulk to play the most valuable positions on the court, he has a long resume of production, he seems willing to play defense... HOW THE HELL IS THIS GUY UNEMPLOYED!!

Memo to GM Hammond: SIGN RICHARD HENDRIX NOW!!!!! PLEASE!!

Of course, it won't happen... I'm going to bed before I go crazy. Thanks, though, Anonymous. That was an awesome tip.

7 Comments:

At December 19, 2008 at 12:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The NBA execs truly and cleary have no idea what they're doing.
And especially nelly who really fails to understand some basic concepts of the game.
Sorry for failing to use a moniker
but no credit is due :p it's just general information I thought you personally would find interesting and so would other readers.
I'll take the credit for the Mcdyess tip as well (as that was me also) but alas that part of blogsphere history will remain in the shadows. :)
While i'm at it i'll point out that a while back I wrote to you (twice) and never heard back, so how about it?
Give the word and i'll resend it, cause otherwise you sure can make one feel unwanted, friend.
Not a fan of the Green and Red (or is it crimson?) myself but sure am an avid reader. keep up the good work.

 
At December 19, 2008 at 1:44 PM, Blogger Ty Will said...

You are awesome Palamida... awesome

I'm going to find that note and write back... as my own bro will tell you my "M.O." is I'm great on the "big thinking" and very, very weak on "the details". It gets me unneccesarily in trouble with people all the time!

Sorry, sorry.

 
At December 20, 2008 at 11:20 AM, Blogger Erich said...

Ty,
You did a great job in compiling the case for Hendrix. Your Bucks (and many other NBA teams) would benefit from a Hendrix addition.
I also wanted to note that scouting maven Jonathan Givorny shares optimism on Hendrix and sees a lot of Millsap in him.
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Richard-Hendrix-229/

 
At January 7, 2009 at 2:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that me who tipped you off about Hendrix. The name's Sylvan, although I got my news from the Bratwurst (credit where credit is due).

 
At March 25, 2017 at 11:49 AM, Blogger Unknown said...


Keep it up
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/bathrooms-isolation-3.html
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/bathrooms-isolation-2.html
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/bathrooms-isolation.html

 
At May 22, 2018 at 9:47 PM, Blogger jeje said...

christian louboutin outlet
canada goose uk
nike shoes outlet
louboutin shoes
lions jerseys
salomon
christian louboutin shoes
coach outlet online
skechers outlet
falcons jersey

 
At November 25, 2018 at 9:12 PM, Blogger 5689 said...

zzzzz2018.11.26
adidas clothing
louboutin shoes
salomon shoes
christian louboutin shoes
coach outlet
nike outlet
jordan clothing

giuseppe zanotti
pandora jewelry

 

Post a Comment

<< Home